Registered apprenticeships are employer-designed and employer-driven. Businesses operating in the advanced manufacturing space have highly specialized needs. For Massachusetts manufacturers who register with the Commonwealth, on-the-job training will combine with classroom instruction to increase the skills and wages of employees selected for participation.
There are a number of model programs and curricula that exist, but employers have great latitude to design a program designed to teach the occupational competencies tailored to their business. Your Market Maker is here to connect and provide your business with any and all technical assistance and walk through the benefits of your program. Reach out today!
To register, the only requirements are:
- Be a principal owner and/or operator of a manufacturing business operating in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts;
- Be available to connect with your Market Maker and to review your training needs;
- Be engaged and willing to oversee structured on-the-job training with clear milestones;
- Be willing to flex scheduling requirements to afford participating employees an ability to complete their job-related education requirements; and
- Be positioned and able to progress participating employees’ wages and in keeping with their skills progression.
To learn more or request more information, please outreach here.